CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday 6 April 2008

When Was The Last Time...

Since, exams are drawing near, in about 3 weeks time. Won't be updating as regularly as before. So I came up with this.. err.. topic or thing to talk about entitled "When Was the Last Time You __________"

The blank can be filled up with anything and everything. It can range from studies to social life, sports, love life or whatever. So, for the next few posts I'll be blogging about this topic and let you guys have something to digest and think about during my absence. Not a bad idea eh? =D

First off is something I've been wondering about for a very very long time: BOOKS


Now now, before I go on, the books I'm talking about don't include textbooks, workbooks, guidebooks or whatever else reference books or things to do with studies. Got that?

On to the question.. When was the last time you read a book? As in.. ACTUALLY read a book and not just skim and zoom through the book or just reading the summary and flipping to the end of the book to find out the ending.

When was the last time you sat your ass down on a comfortable chair, in an air-conditioned room, a cup of hot tea and some biscuits, tidbits or snacks beside you and your reading glasses on. And just spend one whole day slowly enjoying a book. Flipping through the pages as the story unfolds and tickle your brain with a fictional fantasy.

From my own personal experience, it has been a very VERY long time since I last picked up a real book and actually read and finish it. I'm currently doing Macbeth for Literature now but that doesn't count so yeah. =S Why is it that I could read and re-read the Harry Potter series when I was younger, or just be able to finish any John Grisham novels in a matter of days or just read through any children's books without a bore just to pass time. And I can't seem to be able to do any of those things now!!! =\

Haiz.. These days, there just don't seem to be enough time for reading. Will always either be busy with schoolwork, computer, sports or anything else except reading!! The world today just doesn't seem to permit me to enjoy a simple book. =S How I miss those days when I could actually read and finish books. Sigh..

Well, that's all for the first chapter of "When Was The Last Time You _________" I'll be back with more updates sooner or later! Cheers. =D

0 comments: