CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 16 April 2008

I'm Sprung

It was a Wednesday night.
The night was cool and windy.
The boarding school lights were on. Sweet.
My heart pounded along in a "thump-thump" rhythm.
The constant squeaking on the floor made my heart race.
Perspiration ran down my eyebrows like mad.
The "swoosh-ing" sound of the net made every shot count.
Basketball was the name, scoring baskets was the game.
Ballin' in the darkness of the night.
Putting your skills/luck to the ultimate test.
What else could I ask for?

However, my joy was short-lived.
A bad jump and an even worse landing,
ended up with a "CRACK!".
Next thing I knew I was on the floor.
My right foot pointing the opposite direction from my left.
"Damn, sprained ankle."
How the hell am I suppose to do my 2.4km run next week now?
Worse part was, I didn't make the shot. =\

Moral of the story?
Basketball at night = ah-uh

0 comments: