CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 24 March 2008

Fame 2008

This weekend has been one of the most hectic and unforgettable weekends of my life. Went through two major events that saturday: Fame 2008 Inter-boarding School Superstar Competition & World Scholars' Cup.

First off, Fame 2008. One of the biggest event held by the Junior Common Room Committee (JCRC) or also known as the more fun prefects of boarding school. It is the extended version of the internal Boarding Superstar which was held earlier on this year and mentioned in my blog too. So, simply put: Superstars of other boarding schools come together to compete in this one big competition to decide who's the champion. Get it?

So.. From what I know, the contestants were: Felisa - Indonesian (Nanyang Girl), Jade - Vietnamese (Hwa Chong), Janice Pui - Malaysian (Oldham Hall), Mick - Thai (Victoria Hall), ??? - China (???), and our "champion" Daryl Goh - Malaysian (ACS Boarding School). Yes Janice's the ex-lodgian from 1A lastime. Finally met her in Singapore! Sorry for forgetting about the China dude, wasn't there at the competition itself so don't blame me. =D

Each contestans sang their 2 songs, the audience voted: 2 votes for 2 people. Results were tallied in form of percentages and points will be given to the number of percentage of each boarding school. Judges' remarks counts as 20% to overall while the votes take up the other 80%. Well, that's how the voting system goes. I think. =S

Anyways, important part is the results, so here it goes: Jade acquired the 3rd place, Daryl 2nd and last but not least.. Felisa claiming the 1st position and the title of Fame champion!!! Congratulations to all contestans for their great performances!

Sadly, I missed most of the competition only catching Felisa & Daryl's 2nd song. Well, at least I voted! But.. it also didn't make a difference as Daryl came in 2nd. =\ Oh wells, better luck next time Daryl. [=

Overall, Fame was conducted very smoothly despite the frequent complaints and mojos by the JCRC and people involved. All I can say now is, can't wait for next year's Fame!! Both in terms of watching and joining! Hahahaha..

Btw, sorry for the lack of photos and pictures as I only made it to the last part of the competition as said above. I will uploade them up as soon as I can get my hands on some of them. I'll even include some sneaks of the competition itself and load them up on youtube or something. =D

0 comments: