CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 11 August 2008

Event-full

One hectic weekend just about passed. Or rather it already did, just that today's a school holiday in lieu of Singapore's National Day. Yay! =D anyways, been pretty busy as my mum and aunt & uncle + family came down to Singapore. Staying out and spending time with them, the usual things. Soo.. Here's a list of things I've been up to!

FRIDAY:

School's own celebration of Singapore's National Day. Practically wasted half a day in an auditorium sleeping it through. Owelz.. What can I say? I'm Malaysian! =D After that.. Met my mum, got my supply of food which.. err.. most probably can last me till end of the year! Hahahaha (just joking, but my mum does bring ALOT of food) Had dinner, then went back to my hostel to catch the Beijing Olympics opening!!

Gotta say, the opening ceremony was incredible!! China really put in alot of effort into impressing and aweing everyone, showing off to the world who they really were. One word to describe it all? Epic. Simply epic.

SATURDAY:

Boarding school's ASEAN cup. (Inter-national soccer tournament) Both Vietnam A & B went through to the semi-finals, and so did Indon A & China A. The team I was rooting for, Asian A aka Geek Squad (Yes, I know. Blame the idiot captain for such a name. Haha) lost by goal difference. Owelz..

Made my way to aunt & uncle's apartment @ Yishun and just spent the rest of the day there till dinnertime. Had a fabulous and filling dinner @ Fish & Co.

Ordered the Swordfish Collar and simply tucked myself in!!

Got hooked to the fishy food there and will recommend anyone and everyone to try it out! Especially the calamari rings.. Yummmm...

SUNDAY:

A slow, lasy morning led to a late brunch @ Little India. 1st time ever stepping into that place and 1st time also tasting authentic Indian food. Had their signature fish head curry with briyani, mutton curry, yadiyadiyada.. the entire package! It was magnificent. The spices, curry, meat and everything else was damn good and wasn't too spicy for my taste so was able to enjoy and savour each and every dish.

Watched the Love Guru later that night, (stupid ass movie) don't bother wasting money watching it in the cinemas. Download or buy the pirated CD's better. Unless you're a die hard Jessica Alba / Mike Myers / Justin Timberlake fan then go ahead! Had supper then went back to catch the China vs. USA basketball Olympics match!!

China got slaughtered by the NBA All-Stars from the 2nd half onwards. They put up a good fight in the first half, going crazy taiko with their 3-point shots, but guess they just weren't good enough to stop USA. I've said it once and I'll say it again, "Yao Ming is just one person. USA's got the whole team." And that's why USA won. Pure talent and superstars filling up the entire bench. I even dare to say that the basketball gold is already theirs.

MONDAY:

School holiday in lieu of Singapore's National Day. Said our goodbyes, went our ways and splitted apart as me, my mum, aunt & uncle + cousins left for our own things. So yeah, that was my long weekend. How was yours?

0 comments: